Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh! Olive Garden Ministrone Soup copycat-


Well, ever since having my baby, I kind of have the "homemaker" side of me coming out. Now I want to make some healthy, yummy meals for my family. Here's the first recipe for you to try- We love it! I got this recipe from a friend of mine and this soup is so divine and EASY!


Minestrone Soup (Olive Garden copycat):

3 TBS. olive oil 1 c. minced white onion
1/2 c. chopped zucchini 1/2 c. frozen cut Italian green beans
1/4 c. minced celery (about 1/2 a stalk) 4 tsp. minced garlic
4 c. vegetable broth 2 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans, drained
2 (15 oz) cans small white beans, drained 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
1/2 c. carrot, shredded 2 TBS. minced fresh parsley (you can use dried too)
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano 1 1/2 tsp. salt (I find that 1 tsp. is enough)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper 1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. thyme (not as necessary, I haven't tried it yet) 3 c. hot water
4c. fresh baby spinach 1/2 c. small shell pasta (rotini works great!)

1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to look translucent.
2. Add broth, drained tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water and spices. Bring to boil, then half cover and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add spinach and pasta. Cook for an additional 20 minutes. Makes about 8 servings.